Re: EHCI Isoc questinos

On Thursday 21 May 2009, Alan Stern wrote:
> Dave:
>
> ehci_iso_stream->rescheduled and ->start seem never to get used.  In
> fact I can't even tell what ->rescheduled is supposed to count, since
> it doesn't get incremented.  Should they be removed?

I guess so.  Might be worth finding what removed setting ->rescheduled,
since I know that message used to appear sometimes (when rude things
happened).

> The BUG_ON that's commented out of itd_patch() can actually be
> triggered if somebody submits an URB with a sufficiently discontiguous
> list of packet offsets.

Discontiguous packet offsets sound kind of rude.  :)

> Without the BUG_ON, the result is memory
> corruption.  There's a comment about the offsets being strictly
> increasing, but that's not enough to prevent the bug.

What's that bug?

> Neither
> requirement is documented, so what should we do about this?

I'd have to dive into that code again ... ISTR "cross" would
be set on ITDs where a packet went from one page to the next,
the model being that the ITD would only ever use a contiguous
chunk of memory.  There are hardware requirements on packet
layout in the ITDs, but I don't recall noticing any conflicts
between those and the software.

> Alan Stern
>
> P.S.: I have a series of patches to clean up the Clear-TT-Buffer stuff.
> The buffer is cleared after any problem (as required by the USB spec),
> not just those that leave a CSPLIT pending.  Any objection?

No.