To add a device support it should be BlackListed ?

Hi,

I am trying with my professor Stéphane Chatty to add support to a
Stantum multitouch tablet that is a HID device.

We tried copying hid-ntrig.c and applying modification to get
supported but we haven't reached something functional.

Should we add more information to some place to reach our goals ?
I have read this and we maybe need to blacklist the stantum somewhere
(hid-quirks.c ?)

"This patch is required for N-trig support for the Linux Environment.
It requests the USBHID driver to ignore an N-trig device, when
connected to the USB bus."
http://kerneltrap.org/index.php?q=mailarchive/linux-usb/2009/1/20/4772014/thread

Is this true ? How should we do it ? And why (because we have at least
3 to 4 other devices from other constructors and we want to add
support) ?

Thanks