Re: USB OTG removal in musb

+ linux-usb list

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 04:11:15AM +0100, Daniele Orlandi wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm writing you in reference to the discussion archived here:
>
> https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-usb/msg167003.html
>
> Did I correctly understand that OTG support has been removed from musb
> driver?

The plan is to remove otg SRP/HNP protocol support from musb driver,
since it appears nobody uses it. But in currently kernel the protocols
are just disabled, the code is not removed yet.

> I am developing a product based an AM3352 which does have an OTG port
> and I was indagating why it stopped working from the previous (4.14.18)
> kernel to 4.19.25

Do you use SRP or HNP? Can you please provide more details what stops
working?

> How am I expected to handle this situation?

Please explain the issue in details here, we will try to solve it.

Regards,
-Bin.