Re: ptp-gadget: now also working with MS Windows hosts

On Tue, 28 Apr 2009, David Brownell wrote:

> > > The flexibility would come from being able to hook up to
> > > more kernel modules -- simple gadget, or various flavors
> > > of composite.
> >
> > I see, but that would be a different project, I guess:-)
>
> I suspect you could easily have a common core of code, though.

Another interesting and possibly quite useful extension would be to add
PTP/IP support, in which case running at least the protocol part in
user-space makes it more simple too.

David, another question for you: Greg suggested to use the bcdDevice field
in the device descriptor to specify driver's version. However, in the
gadgetfs example that I based my code on it is used to specify the
underlying hardware:

net2280:	0x100
pxa2xx:		0x101
goku:		0x104

What do you think, what makes more sense: preserving this or using
bcdDevice for driver version and appending the hardware string to
iManufacturer like in-kernel gadget drivers do? I think the latter would
make more sense, agree?

Thanks
Guennadi
---