Re: Fwd: composite device fails to reset "suspended" flag

Hi Frank,
On 12/21/2018 6:24 PM, Frank Mori Hess wrote:

>> According data book Disconnect Interrupt asserted only in Host mode.
>> Programming guide says for device initialization unmask follow device
>> specific interrupts: USB reset, Enum Done, Early suspend, Suspend and SOF.
>> And on device disconnect asserted interrupts:
>> - In OTG_MODE=0,1,3: GOTGINT.SesEndDet;
>> - In OTG_MODE=2,4: GINTSTS.USBRst
>
> By the way my hwcfg2 register reads: 0x238ffc90
>
> which according to my manual corresponds to otgmode bits of 0x0: "HNP-
> and SRP-Capable OTG (Host & Device)".  So it sounds like I should be
> seeing GOTGINT.SesEndDet on disconnect, but I'm not.

1. please add to subject "dwc2:", otherwise I can miss your messages.
2. Yes, core should assert GOTGINT.SesEndDet on disconnect, but here
some PHY's specific thing. This interrupt asserted as soon as VBUS
discharged, but if VBUS discharging time on disconnect >3ms then core
asserted SUSPEND as required by USB spec.
Currently we working with our HW team to find out some solution for
cases (PHY dependent) where discharging time >3ms.
Due to Holidays, more probably feedback will be in mid of January.

Thanks,
Minas