FunctionFS performance on beaglebone black

I'm reproducing the steps of Alan Ott from his ELC 2014 talk:

https://elinux.org/images/6/66/Elc_2014_usb.pdf

Alan reports up to 211 Mbit/sec when using 64kB transfers while I can
get only around 120 Mbit/sec when using 64kB transfers. My first
question is:
 - is the beaglebone black expected to deliver 200+ Mbit/sec over USB?

It is strange that on my setup CONFIG_USB_TI_CPPI41_DMA was disabled,
CONFIG_MUSB_PIO_ONLY was enabled, and even so the CPU load on the BBB
was low during the transfer. Enabling CONFIG_USB_TI_CPPI41_DMA and
disabling CONFIG_MUSB_PIO_ONLY made little difference. I'm running
kernel 4.17.2. I could not get much from perf either. Here are some
outputs from running perf on the bbb(usb client):

perf trace: https://pastebin.com/3Yeu5aJw
perf record -g: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/W3tZFhg8h3/

I also made some graphs comparing different buffer sizes, and in which
function my notebook(usb host) spend most of the time:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Es3kjsRCTtYztqAeoNU-LFsFkeBZdfga_DhezTYyggI/edit?usp=sharing

Given getting more than 120 Mbit/sec is possible, ideas of what can I look for?

Thanks,

Peter

--
Peter