Re: [RFC v3] Add support for Sony PS2 OHCI

Hi Alan Stern,

On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 04:52:13PM -0400, Alan Stern wrote:
> This should not be needed; it indicates that something is wrong with
> the way interrupt requests are handled on this platform.
>
> Are you using threaded interrupts at all?  If you are, you have to
> change the spin_lock() call in ohci_irq() to spin_lock_irqsave().  You
> could try making this change in any case, to see if it prevents the
> freezes.

No, I'm not using threaded interrupts, so spin_lock_irqsave() did
unfortunately not help. However, replacing the OHCI interrupt with a
1000 Hz timer works perfectly. Perhaps the problem is that a wanted
interrupt is lost somehow?

Would you recommend any method to trace the OHCI to investigate its
state at the freezing point? It's a MIPS architecture and v4.17.

Fredrik