Re: [RFC v3] Add support for Sony PS2 OHCI

Hi Alan Stern,

On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 10:46:55AM -0500, Alan Stern wrote:
> I did not read the whole thing in detail, but it generally looks okay.
> Except, of course, that the dma-mapping.h change can't be part of this
> patch.  That will have to be done separately.

We are observing seemingly random kernel crashes and failures with mass
storage devices and "Unable to allocate URBs" with ath9k_htc.
hcd_buffer_alloc occasionally fails (returns NULL). Considering that only
256 KiB is reserved with dma_declare_coherent_memory, would you recommend
using any additional facilities for example bounce buffers or some such to
handle the memory requirements for USB device drivers?

Kernel crashes appear more frequently when using usbmon too.

Fredrik