Re: Documentation On Gadget Drivers (g_ffs)

On 24.05.2018 07:11, R0b0t1 wrote:
> All that is in tree is ./Documentation/usb/functionfs.txt which I can
> not get the information I need from. I happened to find
> https://events.static.linuxfound.org/sites/events/files/slides/LinuxConNA-Make-your-own-USB-gadget-Andrzej.Pietrasiewicz.pdf,
> but the commands within did not work and I do not know how to
> troubleshoot.

This may be useful for you:

https://archive.fosdem.org/2016/schedule/event/makeyourownusbdevice/

> I am trying to work on getting libusbg or libusbgx on my device. Is
> that the recommended method?

It depends what you would like to do. If legacy gadget is fine for you
go ahead and use it.
If you would like to use ConfigFS (which is recommended for any new
usage) libusbgx should help you a lot.

> When using gadget drivers, how is the device-capable port specified if
> there is more than one?

In ConfigFS it's UDC gadget attribute.

Best regards,
--