Re: USB regression for Android phone and sound card in 4.14

On Sat, 5 May 2018, Nazar Mokrynskyi wrote:

> 04.05.18 18:47, Alan Stern пише:
>
> > On Fri, 4 May 2018, Alan Stern wrote:
> >
> >> You can try using the usbreset program from here:
> >>
> >> 	https://marc.info/?l=linux-usb&m=144820655510812&w=2
> >>
> >> That program wants the usbfs pathname of the hub instead of the sysfs
> >> path.  So you would call it with
> >>
> >> 	usbreset /dev/bus/usb/001/DDD
> >>
> >> where DDD is the hub's device number.  You can get this number by
> >> reading the /sys/bus/usb/devices/1-0/devnum file, but the value has to
> > Typo -- that should have been 1-9, not 1-0.
> >
> > Alan Stern
> >
> >> be zero-padded to three digits.
> >>
> >> The usbreset program will send a bus reset to the hub, which is
> >> stronger than a soft reinit but not as strong as unplugging it and then
> >> plugging it back in.
> >>
> >> Alan Stern
>
> Tried this too, still the same result.

Hmmm.  Earlier you said that if you unplugged the hub after the system
was booted and running, and then plugged it back in, the sound card
would connect at high speed.  Have you tried leaving the hub plugged
in, but unplugging and reconnecting just the sound card?

Also, you could try using the usbreset program to reset the sound card
rather than the hub.  I doubt it will help, but it's worth a try.

Alan Stern