Re: DWC3 question

Hi,

Fernando <bocadillodeatun@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>> which platform is this? Which kernel version?
>
> This is a custom design based on an LS1046a reference board from NxP
> running kernel 4.4.74 with patches from the LEDE/Openwrt project.

in that case, you need to ask for support from NxP. Either that, or you
need to switch to the mainline kernel.

>> you need to sign agreement with Synopsys to get it.
>
> I'll work on that. Thanks. But... based on what you know, is it OK to
> expect the PORTSC register to change when a device is plugged in?

yes. You may wanna get a copy of xhci spec, that's publicly available.

> In other words: if I want to figure out whether it is a software
> configuration
> problem or hardware problem, is looking at the PORTSC register the best
> way? or is there a better (DWC3 specific) register to monitor?

no idea about how NxP integrated the dwc3 IP. You may wanna ask them. If
I were to guess, I'd say you already paid for support.

Good luck

--
balbi