Re: USB gadget : generic functionfs function has no os_desc while rndis function has, why?

On 02/11/2018 08:52 AM, Jun Sun wrote:
Thanks for your reply, Krzysztof.  I now understand all the fields.

However, I just realize I can't really extend your example to cover my
need, because your example uses RNDIS where kernel already support OS
descriptor.

In my case I'm preparing my own functionfs-based gadget.  I suppose
somewhere inside my functionfs daemon, I should add OS descriptor
support.  Is that understanding right?  If so, is there any example?

I searched around internet and can't seem to find a single example
where functionfs-based USB gadget supports OS descriptor.  In fact, it
is not even clear to me what kernel interfaces are used for conveying
OS descriptor for functionfs-based function.

Thanks again.  Really appreciate your help.

I don't have any good example for that but this should be simple.
It's only adding an additional flag to you descriptors (FFS_HAS_OS_DESC or sth similar, check ffs header for this) and then adding your os_desc to your descriptors.

Best regards,
--
Krzysztof Opasiak
Samsung R&D Institute Poland