Re: USB gadget : generic functionfs function has no os_desc while rndis function has, why?

On 01/04/2018 06:58 AM, Jun Sun wrote:
Hi, all,

I'm playing with USB gadget with configfs on raspberry pi zero w.  My
goal is to setup a generic functionfs function that uses Windows OS
descriptor so that windows would automatically install winusb driver.
It seems I would have to

- enable MS-specific os descriptor
- specify the compatiblity id to be "WINUSB"
- specify interface GUID (optional?)

It seems simple enough.

You can checkout libusbgx example for a "good" values for RNDIS and expected directory structure:

https://github.com/libusbgx/libusbgx/blob/master/examples/gadget-rndis-os-desc.c

However, the first problem I'm having is that I can't find the
os_desc/ directory for the ffs function I created.

Because there is no such directory;)
os_desc in case of functionfs are provided by daemon together with USB descriptors.

Best regards,
--
Krzysztof Opasiak
Samsung R&D Institute Poland