Re: [patch 2.6.29+ 0/8] more musb patches

Greg KH wrote:
On Thu, Apr 09, 2009 at 08:32:23PM +0400, Sergei Shtylyov wrote:
Hello.

David Brownell wrote:

More patches from Sergei.  Patch comments this time
around were pretty much OK -- succinct, mostly just
needing shorter lines (as long ones getting mangled
by mailers and on GIT entry).

Two count as bugfixes to peripheral IRQ handling:

 - musb_gadget: fix unhandled endpoint 0 IRQs
 - musb_gadget: suppress "parasitic" TX interrupts with CPPI

The rest are more along the lines of cleanup, which
in one case prepares to support another SoC:

 - musb_host: refactor musb_save_toggle() (take 2)
 - musb_host: factor out musb_ep_{get|set}_qh()
 - musb_host: simplify check for active URB
 - musb_host: streamline musb_cleanup_urb() calls
 - musb_host: refactor URB giveback
 - musb: split out CPPI interrupt handler
Sanity tested on both OMAP3 and DaVinci.
Greg, I really did hope that these will get into 2.6.30-rc1 as they were posted in a plenty of time for that. Is there still a chance that they can get into 2.6.30?

Very doubtful, they need to be bugfix only.

  Duh...

Refactoring and streamlining patches are not allowed after -rc1.  Your patches were not
in linux-next before 2.6.29 came out, so it missed the initial merge window.

That surely wasn't my fault. I posted 5 cleanup patches at the end of February. :-/

I'll consider the "fix" patch, I'll have to see how it fits with the
other musb "fix" patches that are in my queue.

 Well, at least queue the other patches for the next merge window...

thanks,
greg k-h

WBR, Sergei