Re: USB host controller that's not on a bus, how to find connected device?

On Tue, Apr 07, 2009 at 02:28:00PM +0200, Fredrik Persson wrote:
> (I'm new to the list, and also to the subject at hand.)
>
> I've got a usb host controller that's not on the PCI bus. It's just
> mapped into memory. (This is an embedded device, it doesn't have PCI.)

What controller do you have?  Does Linux already support it?

> Under those circumstances, what's the easiest way to probe for connected
> devices? Sysfs won't do me much good because there is no PCI subsystem
> and therefore, I'm not sure how to find, for example, the name of the
> device node.

There is no "device node" for a usb host controller.  Look at some of
the existing non-pci host controllers for how you just "know" where the
device is in memory, it's pretty simple.

thanks,

greg k-h