Re: Problem with including linux/hid.h and linux/usb.h in usb.c

On Fri, 27 Mar 2009, Aniruddha Marathe wrote:

> Hi Again,
>
> I just found out that hid.h and usb.h are not present in
> /usr/include/linux/ though they are present in
> /usr/src/include/linux/.
>
> Does it mean that user mode programs (such as 'usb.c') cannot use
> hid.h?

Yes, that's what it means.

> If so, is there any other header that user mode programs can
> use to get HID class specific structures/functions?

There may be /usr/include/linux/hiddev.h, but it probably doesn't
include everything you want.  Note that many of the structures or
functions in hid.h are internal to the kernel and are of no use to user
programs.

You can always feel free to copy the definitions from hid.h into your
own file, provided you respect the GNU copyright restrictions.

Alan Stern