Re: First bulk write often doesn't seem to reach device.

[quoted lines by Alan Stern on 2009/03/25 at 10:35 -0400]

>> Does doing a read into a zero-length buffer make any
>> sense?
>
>No.  It's more likely either to time out or cause an overflow error
>when the device tries to send you more than 0 bytes of data.  It's a
>little safer to do a read into a buffer whose length is the endpoint's
>maxpacket size; then you can't get an overflow.  But you still can time
>out if the device doesn't have any data to send.

What should happen if a read into a packet-sized buffer is done and the toggle
is wrong? Should it yield zero bytes and no erorr, a specific type of error,
or what? And, of coruse, will the toggle state then be correct?

I think that's all I need to know now in order to make our code be able to
handle this kind of problem in a fault tolerant way.

EMail: dave@xxxxxxxxx | Canada  K2A 1H7   | 2011 Oct 21 is the End of the World.