Re: First bulk write often doesn't seem to reach device.

[quoted lines by Alan Stern on 2009/03/24 at 12:02 -0400]

Thank you for having been patient with my attempts to understand and deisre to
learn. I have a couple more questions raised by my own curiosity and one for
enhancing code robustness.

A zero-length write has proven to be a way to try to get an output endpoint's
toggle synchronized, althouygh I suppose even that isn't guaranteed if the
device wants to continue to ignore packets and, therefore, flips its toggle
even when ignoring a packet. Is there a similar way to try to synchronize an
input endpoint's toggle? Does doing a read into a zero-length buffer make any
sense?

Is there a way to query the toggle state for an endpoint without altering it?

>Each control, bulk, and interrupt endpoint has its own toggle.
>Isochronous endpoints don't have toggles.

Since the control endpoint supports both input and output transfers, does it
actually have two toggles? Does the setup packet count as a separate packet?

EMail: dave@xxxxxxxxx | Canada  K2A 1H7   | 2011 Oct 21 is the End of the World.