Re: First bulk write often doesn't seem to reach device.

[quoted lines by Alan Stern on 2009/03/24 at 10:03 -0400]

>Something like that...  If the toggle state doesn't match then the
>device accepts the packet but ignores it.  (The same thing happens when
>the device sends a data packet to the host.)  That's why your first
>transfer was being ignored.

Is there a toggle per endpoint, or is there just one for the whole device?

>No, not exactly.  That is, opening a usbfs device file does not affect
>any toggle states.  However in kernels prior to 2.6.28, releasing an
>interface (which happens when the device file is closed if you don't do
>it explicitly) is supposed to set the toggles back to 0.
>
>Similarly, usb_reset_device(), usb_set_configuration(),
>usb_set_altinterface(), and usb_clear_halt() are all suppposed to set
>the appropriate toggles to 0.

Okay. The problem, in other words, is probably that the device isn't clearing
its toggle when it receives the "set interface" request. I'll ask the vendor
about this. Do I just refer to it as "the toggle", or is there a more official
term I should use in order to be sure that I'm being clearly understood?

EMail: dave@xxxxxxxxx | Canada  K2A 1H7   | 2011 Oct 21 is the End of the World.