Re: Question: GadgetFS and EP0 'IN' traffic?

On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 g4@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I'm obviously missing something here but am not quite sure what.
>
> My usermode code* is set up to emulate an existing FX3 device. Bulk reads
> and writes are all fine as are vendor-specific commands that are host to
> device. However anything that is device to host never appears on the wire.

Do you mean: Any control-IN data (device to host) never appears on the
wire?  After all, you said that bulk reads and writes are fine.

> The generic handler for IN vendor requests is simply writes 'length' bytes
> back on the file descriptor that represents EP0. USB packet sniffers show
> that data never gets out.

Yes, that is how it should work.  The data is supposed to appear on the
bus.

> Does it need to ACK or clear anything first?

No.

> Incidentally is there any reason why EP0 itself does not appear in the
> /dev/gadget tree?

ep0 is represented by the original gadget file (/dev/gadget/"UDC
name"): the one you write at the start to set up the device and config
descriptors, and the one that you read to get events.  When you see
a GADGETFS_SETUP event for an IN request, you write the data to that
file and it should get sent to the host.

Alan Stern