Re: USB mouse

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 9:33 AM, Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 07:54:08AM -0700, Bruce Korb wrote:
>> Folks at Plugable: FYI, the email thread, if you are interested.
>> Neither your USB3 hub nor anybody else's works with a fairly
>> recent Linux kernel. Given that I have used two different hubs
>> with the same result, I am a bit surprised this has not surfaced
>> before. Anyway:
>
> The "nor anybody else's" is not true, I have two USB 3 hubs right here
> that I rely on every day that work just fine on all kernel versions for
> a long time...

I have four usb mice and two 3.0 USB hubs. Connecting the mice to a USB3
port on my computer via the USB3 hubs do not work in any combination.
Since the hub+mouse work on 3.0 ports on my wife's Windows 10 box,
it works on USB2 ports on Linux and OS/X, and it _used_ to work
with a 4.1 kernel but does not work with a 4.4.85 kernel; I really strongly
suspect a driver issue. I kind of doubt that both Plugable and Kingston
hubs happen, by chance, to have the same issue. Pretty unlikely.
If the problem has been fixed since 4.4.85, I wouldn't know, but likely
someone would.