Re: usbfs reopen yields unusable device.

[quoted lines by Alan Stern on 2009/03/18 at 14:11 -0400]

>There are two things you can do: enable CONFIG_USB_DEBUG and collect a
>usbmon trace (see Documentation/usb/usbmon.txt).

Thanks. usbmon works great. The "set interface" is resulting in a -2 error.
I've notified the vendor to check what "set interface" might do to their
device.

One more question: I had another (full speed) device which wasn't expecting the
"get descriptor" for the device qualifier descriptor. The vendor has since
fixed that problem, even though they're quite convinced that the spec insists
that this request shouldn't be sent to a full speed device. In case I ever
encouter this again, is ther a way to tell Linux to not ask for that
descriptor?

EMail: dave@xxxxxxxxx | Canada  K2A 1H7   | 2011 Oct 21 is the End of the World.