Re: Flashing LEDs (~1min interval) on Logitech Performance MX (USB Wireless) Mouse

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 11:50:35AM +0200, Johannes Becker wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 10:05 AM, Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > If you don't want this new feature enabled, you could disable the
> > modules configuration file somewhere (sorry, don't know how Ubuntu does
> > this...)
>
> Personally I dislike the regular flashing of the LEDs since it draws attention
> to something I don't care about. What I care about is when to charge the battery
> and the mouse makes sure I will notice that with a constant and pulsing red LED.
> On top of that the mouse also flashed the LEDs once when the charging level
> dropped from "3 to 2" and "2 to 1".
>
> Do you maybe have an idea where in the sourcecode this interval is located?

Nope, but look in the input directory for the logitech receiver code,
that should be the thing that controls it.

Note, you also might be having a userspace program interact with the
device, which might be doing that flashing.  I know I run one on my
laptop to be able to see the battery levels of my mice.  Be sure that it
isn't the problem first :)

good luck!

greg k-h