Re: Flashing LEDs (~1min interval) on Logitech Performance MX (USB Wireless) Mouse

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 08:10:06PM +0200, Johannes Becker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've upgraded my Distro Ubuntu from 14.04 (Kernel 3.13.0) to 16.04
> (Kernel 4.4.0).

Note, 4.4.0 is _very_ old for us to be dealing with here, I strongly
suggest you file this in your distro's specific bug tracker, as they are
the only ones that can support that kernel version for you.

> Since the upgrade the battery indicator LEDs on my Logitech Performance MX Mouse
> light up about every 60 seconds. Depending on the charging level 1, 2
> or 3 LEDs light up green.

That's great, that should be expected as it was a feature added by a new
driver, which is binding to your device.  Why is this a problem?

If you don't want this new feature enabled, you could disable the
modules configuration file somewhere (sorry, don't know how Ubuntu does
this...)

thanks,

greg k-h