Re: DaVinci USB DMA

Hello.

Tom Wheeler wrote:

What is the status of DaVinci DM6443 USB using cppi DMA? I read a while back that there were problems using DMA mode and in particular when copying files between two USB devices. I have verified that this does fail in 2.6.28-rc8 and later. The problem does not seem to be isolated to this test as I have also seen failures when attempting to write files from nand flash to a USB thumb drive. I do not see these failures when in PIO mode. I have also tested earlier kernels, like 2.6.10 and 2.6.18, from MontaVista and verified that DMA mode works properly.

I am wondering if these are known issues and if so what is the exact source of the problem?

Yes, most probably these issues have been already addressed by the patches I posted, you'll just have to wait till 2.6.30-rc1 since it was decided that the fixes should wait (they needed some verification on OMAP too).

Thanks.

  Not at all. :-)

WBR, Sergei