Modifying MSD Driver

Hi All,

I'm modifying USB MSD driver for a custom device (UASP). USB Core
would know the details of the device inserted if it is a normal Mass
Storage Device or UASP based on certain descriptors. I would like to
pass on this info to MSD driver. The MSD driver has two parameters as
inputs of type struct usb_device_id and struct usb_interface.

My question is: Can i modify these data structures by adding
additional fields. Will this impact other USB drivers? or is there any
better way to communicate this info to MSD driver?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Madhukar