Re: How to improve resume time of USB device on Lenovo X60t?

On Mon, 8 May 2017, Paul Menzel wrote:

> `CONFIG_PRINTK_TIME` is already selected in the Debian configuration.

That's odd; the kernel timestamps weren't present in the journalctl
output you posted earlier.

> As I have never built a module separately before, and while reading up
> on it, I remembered, that there is the config option `maxdepth` in pm-
> graph limiting the depth of the graph by default to five [1]. I
> increased it to ten now, and, I think, it shows that `hub_port_reset`
> takes 120 ms twice, though the two `msleeps` only add up to 87 ms the
> first time.

I'll analyze the ftrace output in more detail tomorrow.

> Please find all the files in the attached archive, and please tell me,
> if you still want me to rebuild the usbcore kernel module.

Yes, please do.  To build just the usbcore module, you can do:

	make -DVERBOSE_DEBUG -M drivers/usb/core

Alan Stern