Re: issues with commit c1da59dad0eb ("cdc-wdm: Clear read pipeline in case of error")

Am Dienstag, den 25.04.2017, 13:07 +0200 schrieb Bjørn Mork:

> No, I am not sure.  But I don't see how we can both cache the error and
> continue to read new data. The error is irrelevant after the next URB
> has completed.  If we decide that every error should be delivered to
> userspace, then we either have to stop transmission or maintain a queue
> of device reads, keeping data and errors in sync.  Delivering an old
> error to userspace along with newer data makes no sense.
>
> Also note that this code path is skipped entirely for several common
> errors. So they are never reported to userspace.

Hi,

OK.

First my apology. I should have asked for clarification before accepting this patch.
I have learned from this.

Second, as your code expects the old behavior, a revert is the correct course
of action for now.

Third, if I approach your argument from a principal view point, I see a couple
of issues. Primarily, how important is the error code at all? And secondly
it seems to me that a device reset must be reported at all cost.

	Regards
		Oliver