Re: Regression - Linux 4.9: ums_eneub6250 broken: transfer buffer not dma capable - Trace

On 04/24/2017 at 10:39 PM Alan Stern wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Apr 2017, Andreas Hartmann wrote:
>
>> Am 23.04.2017 um 18:09 schrieb Alan Stern:
>> I applied this new patch, too and attached the newly created debugs. But
>> first of all: you are great! The loading of the SD card now works as
>> expected! This is covered by the logfiles usb-ene-2*. It contains the
>> physical removing w/o loading the filesystem before (i.e. w/o mount /
>> unmount and remove procedure by software before)
>
> Well, the log does show that the patch wasn't quite correct.  Below is
> an updated version.

Ok - I can't see any sense errors any more in the updated patch.

>> The second pair of logfiles usb-ene-3* covers a *new* problem during
>> removing of SD cards via software after mount / umount. The problem is,
>> that on removing it via GUI, suddenly *3* device entries appear, which
>> could be activated (the same as the initial entry). After a few seconds,
>> 2 of them disappeared again and one stays. This happens with two
>> different SD cards here, another card doesn't show this problem.
>>
>> I would be very glad if you could fix this hopefully last issue, too :-)
>> (if it is a problem at all).
>
> It's possible that the updated patch will help with all those
> notifications.  At least, the sense data should now be correct.

The 3 entries on removing via software remain.

> As for the 3 device entries, I'm not sure where to look for them in
> your logs.

Well, I have to analyze it. I will tell you tomorrow (I hope so).

>> This is an example of simple logoutput during removing:
>> Apr 23 20:12:09 notebook2 kernel:  sdb: sdb1 sdb2
>
> Unless this is what you mean?  Aren't these devices the same as you get
> when you first plug in the device?  This could simply be the result of
> the wrong error code causing the GUI to scan the device again.

No. Unfortunately not. That's been chance here :-). There are temporary
3 items regardless of the number of partitions found on the device.

Thanks,
kind regards,
Andreas