Re: Options for improving f_fs.c performance?

On Fri, Apr 21 2017, Felipe Balbi wrote:
> why would it have to do that? We would allocate a new struct
> usb_request, allocate a new buffer, copy_from_user() and
> usb_ep_queue(). Why would we return -EAGAIN?

Nvm.  Of course you’re right.

>> What if user space doesn’t want to read?  If kernel space keeps an
>> active out request, user space has no control whether it can not respond
>> to an out request.

> I'm not sure this is something we should care about. Note how every
> gadget driver, apart from f_fs, pre-queues several IN and OUT requests.

>> Maybe this is theoretical, but I wouldn’t be surprised if there was an
>> USB protocol of some kind where this matters.

> I doubt there would be any protocol relying on NAKs.

Me too, but I’ve seen crazier things…

And as I’ve said, I’m all for a full O_NONBLOCK implementation, but to
bring it back to original question, OP’s issue is solved by existing aio
support, so those are orthogonal.

--
Best regards
ミハウ “𝓶𝓲𝓷𝓪86” ナザレヴイツ