Re: Olimex ARM-USB-OCD and ftdi-sio driver

On Tue, 3 Mar 2009, Jon Smirl wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 1:04 AM, Greg KH <greg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Mar 03, 2009 at 12:06:10AM -0500, Jon Smirl wrote:
> > > I have an Olimex ARM-USB-OCD which I haven't used in a while. I just
> > > got it out and tried using it on 2.6.28. I can't get the serial port
> > > and JTAG to work simultaneously. It appears to me that ftdi-sio is
> > > interfering with the user space jtag program.

No, it's the other way 'round.  The jtag program is trying to interfere
with ftdi-sio, and the kernel is preventing it from doing so.

> > >  I get this in the log
> > > file when I use the user space program.
> > >
> > > usb 7-2: usbfs: interface 1 claimed by ftdi_sio while 'jtag' sets config #1

This is the problem: The jtag program tries to do an unnecessary
Set-Config.  If that call were removed from the program then it ought
to work just fine.  If the Set-Config call were allowed to proceed, it
would mess up your terminal connection anyway.

Alan Stern