Re: rndis_host random MAC address

W dniu 14.04.2017 o 18:32, Oliver Neukum pisze:
Am Freitag, den 14.04.2017, 15:51 +0700 schrieb gentoo:
I have problem with the random MAC address of rndis_host.

Therefore I have no chance to keep permanent settings on NetworkManager
(like DNS).

Every time I plug my phone to my computer, it get new MAC address, which
is wrong.

It would be nice, if in case of missing fixed MAC, rndis_host module
would generate MAC using on base of device serial, idProduct, idVendor.
In such a case MAC address would be always same for particular device.
That is possible only if the product has a serial. Otherwise it would
clash horribly if you use multiple devices of the same type. Does your
device have a serial?

	Regards
		Oliver

Maybe it could be included in the MAC the USB path information. In such a case it would be unique, and repeatable.