Re: WUSB driver crash after DN_CONNECT message from WUSB device

eyal reizer wrote:

> Anyway, based on the log I provided can you explain the encryption error
> following by the URB errors I saw, which were the trigger for the
> reset?
>
> [ 1258.377514] hwa-hc 5-3.2:1.0: Can't set host's WUSB encryption for
> port index 0 to CCM-1 (value 1): -71

This is a SET_ENCRYPTION request to the HWA. ([WUSB1.0] section 8.5.3.6).

-71 is (according to Documentation/usb/error-codes.txt)

-EPROTO (*, **)         a) bitstuff error
                        b) no response packet received within the
                           prescribed bus turn-around time
                        c) unknown USB error

So something is broken in the firmware or hardware of the HWA and it's
probably disconnected -- it's not the device driver doing something wrong.

You'll need to ask a Wisair hardware or firmware engineer for assistance
(assuming the HWA you're using has a Wisair chip).

David
--
David Vrabel, Senior Software Engineer, Drivers
CSR, Churchill House, Cambridge Business Park,  Tel: +44 (0)1223 692562