Re: Periodic reconnects of USB mouse on Dell PowerEdge R730

Am Mittwoch, den 05.04.2017, 11:14 +0200 schrieb Paul Menzel:

Hi,

> > but did anything come out of this? Do we need to add a quirk?
>
> Dell said they tried to reproduce this, and couldn’t. Maybe it’s mouse
> dependent, there are different revisions, and the ID stays the same.

Could you test the same mice on another system with the same revision
of USB?

> Therefore, I wouldn’t add any quirk, until somebody else hits this
> problem too.

Generally if you run X you are unlikely to hit that problem.

> What would be nice though, is to add a module parameter allowing to
> enable that quirk.

That has been done with the generic "quirk" module parameter.
We were to hasty when we said that this requires a recompilation.
The quirk you need is

include/linux/hid.h:#define HID_QUIRK_ALWAYS_POLL                       0x00000400

	HTH
		Oliver