Re: Strange behaviour of U2F usb key

On 18/01/17 19:42, B&A Consultants wrote:
> Sorry for the long delay before this message. Real life intruded on my
> computing time.
>
> On 05/01/17 12:51, Greg KH wrote:
>> Are you sure the device even works properly?  It could be the device has
>> problems returning data correctly.  Can you run usbmon to see if the
>> data is being sent/received correctly?
>
> Tests done with three different keys, with the same results. Since the
> keys come from the same manufacturer, we ordered a (small) batch of UF2
> keys from 4 different manufacturers. Should receive them around next
> week, and we will test if those new keys behave properly or not.

For the sake of completeness...

The new keys got here this week. Three different brands. No problems
currently with any of those keys. So it seems your hint (previous keys
got bad) was the right way to go. No idea why they failed after several
months of perfect service, but that's another question for another day.

Thanks for the hint.
--
Pierre-Yves Bonnetain-Nesterenko