Re: functionfs on dwc3, xhci host: endpoint cannot be used in both directions ?

On Tue, 24 Jan 2017 11:02:10 +0200, Felipe Balbi
<felipe.balbi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> yeah, order matters. That's documented for f_fs.

The order in the EP0 write call yes.
The mangles-HS-wMaxPacketSize-if-no-LS/FS-given is not (or I could not
find it).

> Well, we can't easily change the way it works because it's an ABI to
> userspace. I would have very much preferred for us to pass descriptors
> using ioctl(). That way we could have:
>
>         ioctl(fd, FFS_IOCTL_SS_EP_DESC, ep1_ss_desc);
>         ioctl(fd, FFS_IOCTL_SS_EP_COMP_DESC, ep1_ss_comp_desc);
>
> and so on.

If you mean the EP0 writes, indeed it's userspace ABI and I agree a
more structured/fine-grained access method would be nicer (current
error reporting is terrible... too many way to trigger the same errno).

But I was actually thinking of the epautoconf API.
Is it also exposed to userspace ?

Actually, thinking a bit more about it I think epautoconf should only
alter wMaxPacketSize when caller is probing the max supported value,
and in such case provide the minimum between speed-dependent limit and
controller limit. And I would remove the hardcoded 64B limit on non-SS
bulk descriptors.

Regards,
--
Vincent Pelletier