Re: isp1760-hcd.c driver BUG_ON(!skip_map)

Catalin Marinas wrote:
Any quick thoughts on what may be wrong (with the software or hardware)?
I'm not real sure what is going on there, a few other people reported this also. They worked around this by adding an udelay(1) before the read of the skip register. That is probably a timming issue but I dunno which one.

It looks like a timing issue. I added a do...while() loop for reading
the skip_map register and it seems to be reliable. Without it it crashes
in 50% of the cases when I unplug the device.

If you are OK with this approach, I'll send a patch later today.
I would prefer if someone could find the timing issue. However a dirty
work around sounds better than nothing and this what we have right now.
If you do this, please add a timeout value because we could run out ouf
slots :)

Thanks.
Sebastian