Re: Multiple chatty devices on Intel 5 Series/3400 USB2 EHCI controller act erratic

On Wed, 9 Nov 2016 sonofagun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Back to our subject, I think there is something we can do for intel dual
> EHCI chipsets so that it is easier to debug similar issues in the
> future. PCI dumps from the machine that had the issue are needed.

I don't see how PCI dumps would help with debugging this.  I also don't
see why this issue would be at all connected with the fact that there
are two EHCI controllers on the chipset.

A usbmon trace of the affected bus might be more helpful.

Alan Stern