Re: C-Media USB speakers do not work on AMD USB 2.0 port

Good question.  I don't know the answer; it may be hidden in a part
of the system log that you didn't post.
Nothing unusual was found on the log. If you need more information, just tell me what you need.

This is a known bug in the 4.8 kernel, caused by changes to the timer
code.  A workaround and a proper fix have both been added to the 4.9-rc
series and will be part of the next 4.8.stable release.
Thank you Alan for analyzing the problem. At least it is already fixed so I will just wait for 4.9 or newer 4.8. Since I use those speakers only for testing, waiting is not a problem. Once they work I will inform you.