Re: Unable to safely detach external HDD on USB 3.0

On 02.10.2016 13:23, Marco Chiappero wrote:
Hi all,

Sorry for bothering you but I would like to know whether there are updates on this or not.
This problem is affecting many people and has been identified, it would be a pity not to have a fix upstreamed.

Let me know if I can help somehow.

Right, there is a test patch in my tree, in the remount_fix_test branch,
based on 4.8-rc6

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mnyman/xhci.git  remount_fix_test

I was about to go through the remote wakeup flags for this before I got pulled
into other things. If you can try it out and see if works for you it would help.

-Mathias