Re: USB hot-plug not working (ASUS TP301UA-C4028T)

On 27.09.2016 03:03, Pierre de Villemereuil wrote:
Hi guys,

Any news on this front? Anything I can do to help find the issue?

A couple more logs just to clarify a few things.

run:
sudo lspci -d :8c31 -vv

both when AC is connected (the state where it detects usb devices)
and when not connected (state when usb devive detection fails)

It should show the pci state of the controller (D0 is up and running, D3 is suspended)
if in D3 it should show that PME is enabled.
A usb connect event should generate a PME that then wakes up the xHC host from D3.

Did I understand correctly that there was nothing in dmesg if AC is unplugged
when connecting a usb device? Not even with enhanced xhci debugging enabled?

Is there anything that looks suspicious in BIOS?
An option that disables wake up events for usb ports? or disables
usb ports, Energy saver support EuP/ErP?

-Mathias