Re: Strange behavior of CHN bit with dwc3

Hi,

mgautam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> On 2016-09-22 18:46, yfw wrote:
>> Hi list,
>> I tried to enable the high speed, high bandwidth transfer in device
>> mode for iso type on dwc3 based soc. The platform only supports usb
>> device 2.0.
>>
>> I set the MaxPacketSize to 0x1400 so the host could allocate 3072
>> bytes for uframe. But when I chain three trbs together, the dwc3
>> behavior is quite weird:
>>

> Why are you using three TRBs for one service interval? Is the data
> not contiguous?

right, if the data isn't contiguous then you MUST use a scatterlist so
driver knows to use CHN bit. If it is contiguous, you can send a single
struct usb_request with size 3072.

> Since, in your case all 3072 bytes belong to one service interval,
> could just one TRB be used with PktCntM1 set to '2' ?

currently, dwc3 doesn't set PktCntM1. I have provided patches setting
that, however.

--
balbi