RE: Ericsson F3507g "stolen" by option driver

on-f3507g-card-on-ubuntu-intrepid/
> http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Ericsson_F3507g_Mobile_Broadband_Module
>
> All of these assume that cdc-acm handle the ACM interfaces.
>
> The wdm interfaces also work with the cdc-wdm class driver,
> and can be used to configure the device.  This is useful even
> without the mbm interface, as the GPS part also need some OOB
> configuration.
>

> Bjørn

Hi,
As the Ericsson module exports the device class headers as specified in the USB WHCM spec.
I do think this is an error. Regardless of the mbm driver. The mbm driver will add the possibility to not use ppp. This have several advantages such as, lower power consumption and higher data rates.

/BR
Carl Nordbeck