Re: crash in usb_hc_died+0x16 when unplugging usb-c dock

On 30/08/16 19:48, Alan Stern wrote:
On Tue, 30 Aug 2016, Richard van der Hoff wrote:

I have a USB-3.1 dock; sometimes I see a kernel panic when I unplug it,
which hangs the entire system. It appears that the first unplug is
successful; the second one normally triggers a crash.

Please try applying the patch at the bottom of this email:

	http://marc.info/?l=linux-usb&m=147195533502706&w=2

There's a good chance it will fix your problem.

Ah yup, that does look promising. Thanks for the pointer, will give it a go and report back...