Re: RFC: platform overrides of gadget descriptions (ids/text)

 David> On Tuesday 27 January 2009, Peter Korsgaard wrote:
 >> Now, I could hack up something like below to override that stuff on
 >> the kernel cmdline, but that doesn't quite seem clean.

 David> Especially since it duplicates stuff at the top of
 David> the drivers/usb/gadget/composite.c file ... :)

Argh yes, I knew I must have missed something ;)

 David> I kind of like the idea of not doing this with
 David> module parameters ... but I'm not sure how to
 David> make the init model work otherwise.

 David> There are a lot of conflicting requirements in
 David> this area.  Including the ability to reconfigure
 David> devices on the fly by loading different gadget
 David> drivers.  If those drivers are configured using
 David> module parameters, it's easy to see how all that
 David> works.  Not so if there's a platform_device
 David> that's got to embed a single set of choices about
 David> what gadget will exist.

True, I don't quite see a nice way of doing it either. cmdline it is
then.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard