Re: UAS and f_tcm -- is anyone using it?

Hi,

John Youn <John.Youn@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> I was wondering if anyone is using the f_tcm function? Specifically
> for UAS in superspeed with streams? Any idea if it is being using in
> production for this anywhere?
>
> I've been trying to get the tcm gadget running without success. It
> seems I need to configure the target system via configfs and somehow
> interface it to this gadget. But I have not found any documentation or
> examples on how to get it working. Anyone have ideas or pointers?

Sebastian has posted his scripts here several times, it's in the
archives :-)

There's also a TCM python tool somewhere which helps with this. I
haven't used f_tcm in a long while, but Sebastian and I used it long
back to test streams with dwc3.

> Just from the code it seems there will be some fundamental issues with
> it, such as the value of maxpacket size and some alt-interface
> stuff. At least when used with DWC3.

such as?

> Also, would there be any interest in having a stand-alone UAS
> implementation in the kernel a la f_mass_storage?

Probably not. We don't really duplicate stuff in the kernel, right? If
there are any bugs with f_tcm, let's fix them :-)

--
balbi