Re: strange USB storage failure with 2.6.29-rc2

>> As you can see, thereafter the device responds to all commands with a
>> "Medium not present" error.
>>
>> So the real question is: Who is responsible for sending that Eject
>> command?  It certainly isn't usb-storage or any other part of the USB
>> stack.  Maybe something in the SCSI disk driver or maybe a user
>> program.
> This was done with as little running as possible. This is a typical
> 64bit Fedora 10 setup. I booted into runlevel 3 and inserted the USB
> stick.
>
> So none of the Gnome-gimmicks should be up and running at that point.
> How can I figure out who is responsible for sending that Eject command?
> Is there an easy way of doing that?

Hi, this looks a lot like the issue I had with Bug 12347 where none USB
storage media worked under a 64bit kernel but under a 32bit kernel.
The problem was however resolved in the Ubuntu 2.6.28-4-generic
distributed kernel (did not test a Fedora kernel of same flavour).

We did not see the Eject command but I still feel there are issues with the
 64bit kernels but have no clue as to why.

Igor Lumpus