Re: cdc_acm bug? read buffer bytes shifted

>> Another example:
>>> 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01
>>> 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
>>> 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00
>>> 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00
>> after a random number of times, while usbmon shows the usb payload
>> "00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01".
>
> Hi, how many bytes does read() return?

Exactly 8 bytes, always. I set the tty in raw non-canonical mode with
vmin = 8 and vtime = 0. I also tried with vmin = 1 and did the copy of
exactly 8 bytes by looping in userspace, without any improvement.

I wrote a small workaround for now that detects this problem (because I
exactly know what the buffer is supposed to look like) to close() and
re-open() the device. The next read buffer is then correct.

--
Julio Guerra