Re: usbmon for gadgets

On Tuesday 27 January 2009, Greg KH wrote:

> > Short of using some fancy bus analyzer h/w is there any other way to monitor
> > whats going on on the bus from the gadget side?
>
> If you are responsible for creating a USB gadget, and you don't have
> access to any hardware monitoring equipment, that's a sad state of
> development.
>
> The Beagle analizer is quite cheap and works well for low and full speed
> devices, I would suggest buying one of them.

Seconded.  www.totalphase.com ... the full/low speed one is $US 400
which means it should fit easily into your development budget, just
by *ONE* of the days it keeps you from wasting.  The high/full/low
speed one is more expensive, but worth it if you have high speed
devices to debug.

Alternatively, there's lowlevel debugging you could turn on in most
parts of the gadget stack ... but that gets really messy, fast.

- Dave