Re: [balbi-usb:testing/next 64/67] phy-generic.c:undefined reference to `usb_gadget_vbus_connect'

Hi,

Peter Chen <hzpeterchen@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>> > Would you consider only keeps vbus and pull dp API at gadget.h, and move
>> > out others gadget APIs which is dedicated for gadget function?
>>
>> no, sorry :-) All these drivers depend on the gadget API to work. For
>> host-only builds, they'll still work because of the stub implemented in
>> gadget.h.
>
> Do you want these drivers to add dependency on GADGET at Kconfig
> or not? If you want, we don't need stub at gadget.h since the gadget

just look at what the patch does:

if USB_GADGET=m, then NOP must be m too. if USB_GADGET=y, then NOP can
be y or m.

> will be built if these driver is built. I assume you don't want, then
> that's ok, we don't need to change anything on Kconfig to fix build
> issue.

There was, anyway, a bug in my original patch in that it didn't provide
stubs for cases were USB_GADGET=n. That bug is now fixed, I'll still
wait a couple days for any 0-day build problems.

>> Also, did you test the version I've apended to previous email? I noticed
>> that had one extra mistake which I correct in the version below:
>>

> Sorry, I did not try since I still have some questions for solution:)

heh. You're not even willing to try a patch, rather than complaining
about pointless stuff all day. Thanks

--
balbi